Project Engineers - Civil Works
Job ID: 573595
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Dandenong
- Permanent Position
- Industry leader
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Due to continued business growth, we have two positions available within our high performing team based in Dandenong overseeing our Construction and Stabilisation business. We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer and a Project Engineer (or Site Engineer looking for their next career step). This is a great opportunity for self-driven Project Engineers to work with an enthusiastic and driven team delivering civil works contracts valued up to $20 million within Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Ideally, you will have qualifications in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with experience gained in the delivery of civil road improvement or maintenance projects together with;
- Exposure to the preparation of project budgets and review of financial information to make sound business decisions
- Experience in planning and scheduling of works
- Well-developed negotiation & problem-solving skills
- Commitment to Quality outcomes with a focus on delivering in full and on time
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships based on trust and integrity
- Proficient computer skills with high competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0409 072 562
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time