Systems Engineer - Defence
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Systems Engineer. This role is within the JC4ISPO Test and Integration Facility (JTIF) which supports the sustainment of various Special Operations Command (SOCOMD) deployable ICT capabilities.
As an organisation which maintains the status of Authorised Engineering Organisation (AEO) under the Land Materiel Safety Manual (LMSM) engineering framework, JC4ISPO is required to comply with the LMSM during the conduct of any engineering activities to ensure technical integrity of materiel. Consequently, the JTIF requires systems engineering support to ensure the continued sustainment of current capabilities sustained by the JTIF and new capability introduced under various projects are compliant with LMSM regulations.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Experience and familiarity with CASG engineering activities and planning.
- Experience and familiarity in Systems Engineering, preferably within the CASG / Defence environment (SEMP, Technical Certifications plan, requirements management, ECPs).
- Experience and familiarity with configuration management activities preferably within a CASG / Defence environment under the TRAMM-L or LMSM framework.
- Experience and familiarity with systems safety, security and managing technical risk.
- Demonstrated experience to coordinate and chair workshops in an independent manner.
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering, or Systems Engineering (preferred) recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Current experience as a Systems Engineer with strong skills in at least one Systems Engineering domain.
- Recent experience in subsystem integration (hardware and software) and platform integration and experience with ICT systems in a military environment is highly desirable.
- An experienced Systems Engineer preferably with Defence experience who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding and experience of Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in collaboration with other like-minded team members and adjacent project teams (also delivering a variation of the system);
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results