Procurement Manager - Defence
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Procurement Manager to work within the CASG environment working on Land 200 Phase 3 Battlefield Command System project, completing complex strategic procurement and contracting work within an integrated workforce. The Commercial Officer will lead procurement planning, tendering and contract formation activities while ensuring compliance with legislation, procurement policies, processes and procedures. This position will exercise a considerable degree of independence and will manage one or more teams.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Lead an integrated team to prepare, conduct and finalise Defence strategic procurement activities within the CASG environment.
- Author and review complex strategic procurement and contracting documentation including providing high level advice in relation to commercially sensitive reports, submissions, and other documents as required.
- Analyse, identify and develop mitigation strategies for the risks associated with procurement and contracting activities, contract performance, and compliance with legislative and policy frameworks.
- Translate and apply legal principles, legislative and policy compliance obligations, commercial risk and performance requirements related to the Commonwealth Procurement Framework.
- Coordinate and provide procurement advice, assistance, products and services to facilitate risk management, ethics and probity.
Key out puts of the role are:
- Develop Industry Engagement Strategy
- Develop Industry Engagement Plan
- Develop Commercial/Procurement Strategy
- Develop Procurement Plan and
- Draft RFI, ITR, RFT documentation including TEP, SOW & CoC/CoT.
- Develop Procurement Strategy for Gate reviews
- Engage with Material Procurement Branch and CIOG to develop a holistic commercial/procurement approach
- Experience in preparing for and conducting strategic procurement activities pertaining to Defence capability acquisition or Commonwealth procurement including drafting and reviewing tendering documentation and correspondence.
- Experience in the application of the Commonwealth Procurement Framework, commercial principles and performance management frameworks related to procurement and contracting within Defence or the Commonwealth.
- The ability to lead and provide clear direction during the procurement lifecycle on tendering and contracting activities including coordination of legal and financial services.
- Ability to work in a complex team environment to deliver outcomes on time and to a high quality.
- Commercial and procurement experience with communication system acquisition or other complex acquisition of materiel and/or technical services is highly desirable.
- An experienced Procurement Manager with Defence experience who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding and experience of Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in collaboration with other like-minded team members and adjacent project teams (also delivering a variation of the system);
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results