Head of Signalling SA Metro - Rail Systems
Job ID: 573747
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Infrastructure Projects are seeking to appoint an industry recognized engineering leader as the Head of Signalling for our South Australian business to ensure the delivery of safe, sustainable, world class engineering outcomes across the rail signalling business.
With Downer’s unique breadth of services in Infrastructure projects, combined with the scale of our organisation, you will be part of an elite group where our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working directly with the Signalling practice leads, the Head of Signalling will be an instrumental part of this crucial “through life support” rail project in Adelaide. You will be providing technical leadership to staff within the Signalling discipline and technical assurance across the portfolio of signalling and rail systems activities.
About The Role:
Overseeing the activities of a signalling technical group, you will be responsible for ensuring technical and delivery excellence across all areas of the Rail systems and signalling portfolio of works including development, design, construction, installation, test and in-service support. You will ensure engineering consistency and implementation of best practice engineering techniques across our practice to maintain the engineering safety management culture and drive competitive/commercial advantage.
- You shall be recognised an industry expert in the field of Railway Signalling Engineering.
- You will exhibit strong leadership qualities with an engineering pedigree supporting the successful delivery or technology deployment of railway signalling/control systems projects from concept and throughout service operation.
- Strong communicators and collaborators, proven team & technical leadership and line management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering or technology related field.
- Experience of railway signalling and control systems product development.
- Familiarity with signalling system and safety engineering methods and best practice.
- Strong relationships with key industry client and stakeholder organizations.
- Committed to organizational learning, change and continuous improvement
What We Offer:
- We are all different. That is why Downer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company that continues to grow through major organic growth, project wins and acquisitions.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- Training and Development to support your career with us.
- A range of financial benefits to support your financial needs and to recognise your commitment to your work.
- Due to our company size company size, we are able to provide access to a variety of benefits at incredible discounts to support you and your family’s lifestyle needs.
- Zero Harm is embedded in Downer's culture and is fundamental to the company's future success. We believe that physical and mental wellbeing of our employees is instrumental in our journey towards excellence. We therefore try to reinforce this philosophy through various employee support programs and offerings to assist you and your family's healthy lifestyle.
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact Jodie Saunders – Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner Infrastructure Projects firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement. No agency CV’s please.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Cen. Australia Standard Time