Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Transport Services, Wainui team look after one of the biggest network of unsealed roads in New Zealand approx. 600Km in length within the Auckland North Rural Region. We need an experienced plant operator to hit the ground running and support with our booming work schedule in this Grader Operator position. You will essentially perform maintenance grading on back rural unsealed roads. You will lead a team of 2-3 on a daily basis and ensure jobs are delivered and high quality infrastructure on the rural roads is maintained. You will also:
- Ensure plant and equipment assigned to you is presented, serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulation and policy and achieves agreed productivity and quality targets
- Provide expertise to ensure quality assurance, support problem solving and implementation of ideas
You will have plenty of experience operating road grading machines in civil construction environments. With an eye for detail and a passion for quality results, you will have the ability to operate survey control equipment aligned with the grader to produce accurate line level and texture. You will also have:
- A Class 2 Drivers Licence with Wheels, Tracks & Rollers
- Class 4 Drivers Licence and an STMS certificate is an advantage but not required
- The ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites and your team
- Great communication skills both written and verbal and confident in your leadership abilities
- A positive outlook, friendly attitude, and willingness to flex to the work as and where required
What’s in it for you?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Full-Time hours guaranteed – a minimum of 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- PPE gear and tools of trade provided including use of company vehicle
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits across retail, health and so much more!
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, register your interest by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz quoting reference number 573932. Alternately, drop your CV in to your local depot today!
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results