Plant Driver Operator
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Transport Services, Wainui team look after one of the biggest network of unsealed roads in New Zealand approx. 600Km in length within the Auckland North Rural Region. We need an experienced driver to hit the ground running and support with our booming work schedule in this Plant Driver Operator job. You will work within a team of 3 on a daily basis, acting as an all-rounder, operating Rollers, Water trucks and trucks in order to achieve high quality infrastructure on the rural roads. You will also:
- Ensure plant and equipment assigned to you is presented, serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulation and policy and achieves agreed productivity and quality targets
- Provide expertise to ensure quality assurance, support problem solving and implementation of ideas
This job is a great opportunity for driver and machine operators looking for their next career move. You will have plenty of road maintenance and/or civil construction experience to draw from. Along with a positive outlook and friendly attitude, you will be willing to flex to the work as required. You will also have:
- A Class 4 Drivers Licence with Wheels, Tracks & Rollers
- Experience operating a variety of civil machinery
- The ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites
- An STMS certificate is an advantage but not required
- Great communication skills both written and verbal and able to work well in a team
What’s in it for you?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Full-Time hours guaranteed – a minimum of 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Training and development opportunities
- PPE gear and tools of trade provided
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits across retail, health and so much more!
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, register your interest by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz quoting reference number 573231. Or drop your CV in to your local depot today!
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results