Junior Project Manager - Gas
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end-to-end services, providing design, construction & maintenance solutions for Power & Gas distribution network owners. Experiencing business success with strong project pipelines, we have a need for a number of great people to join our team. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms.
We are seeking expressions of interest from motivated Junior Project Managers who would like to further their careers by joining our team to help us deliver on our contractual obligations in Wellington. This will be hands on, varied and a fast paced environment. As a Junior Project Manager, you will provide management of specific Gas operations and projects, delivering on contract requirements, optimising resource use, and achieving target results.
Juggling multiple priorities will come easily, along with a flexible attitude and an aptitude to turn your hand to anything to get things done. You will demonstrate natural communication skills allowing you to keep all your key stakeholders regularly informed and engaged throughout the project.
Bringing sound commercial acumen, you will also demonstrate an ability to analyse problems and make robust business decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and cost. You will also offer:
- Desirable to hold Engineering and/or Business qualification
- Experience of Utilities, Gas network and/or engineering related work
- Experience of working with Local authorities, CARs, TMPs an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NZ 3910 and/or other forms of contract
- Experience with sub-contractor agreements and responsibilities
- Ability to read, understand and ensure contract specifications and contract requirements are fully implemented
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple suppliers and sub-contractors
- Demonstrable experience in preparing and submitting monthly claims
- Understanding of variations and the situations where they may apply
- Experience in preparing valuations of additional works.
- Understanding of Gas Metering Systems and pipelines within the Gas distribution / reticulation network an advantage.
- Acknowledged client management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize duties
- Competency in IT systems and applications (Microsoft Excel, Project, etc.)
At Downer, we understand that its people’s differences that make all the difference. So look no further, reach out and let us know you are interested, and we will be thrilled to discuss any opportunities with you.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results