Engineering Manager - Infrastructure Projects (Auckland)
We are seeking to strengthen our Engineering and Design Management teams by recruiting innovative thinkers to join a dynamic and successful team to manage the Engineering and Design inputs from new business through project delivery to completion across New Zealand and the Pacific.
These roles will ensure that engineering requirements are identified, services are procured (internal and external) and to provide industry leading delivery of design, management and engineering support to the highest standards across the Infrastructure Projects division.
You will be expected to support business functions by offering technical solutions and innovations which create a commercial edge over competitors in a bidding environment. The development of strong relationships with external design and engineering service suppliers will be needed to ensure access to the best resources are available for every targeted bid.
About the role:
Working collaboratively in a team environment based in either Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch (flexible for other locations also) you will provide engineering, design and technical advice associated with both traditionally procured and design and build works. You will work closely with our customers, external and internal designers and construction operations to investigate and deliver cost effective, innovative solutions.
The range of projects could include:
(It is NOT expected that the successful applicant will have expertise in all of these areas)
- Roads and Bridges
- Water and Waste Water, including MEICA
- Wind Farms and Geothermal Power
- Pipelines and Pump Stations
- River and Coastal Protection
- Airports and Runways
- Light Rail, Rail and Station Works
The suitable candidate for this position will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering preferred
- CPEng qualification preferred
- Minimum of 15 years post graduate experience, ideally covering a wide variety of work
- A proven track record as an Engineering Manager for a major construction business or a similar role
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – to be applied to all internal and external relationships
- A positive attitude and commitment to providing a high quality of service
- A full class 1 Driver's Licence
If you are interested in applying for this position, please express your interest by going to www.downercareers.co.nz using the reference 574245.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results