Senior Environmental Sustainability Advisor
Job ID: 574375
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Environmental Sustainability Advisor to join our team for a 12 month fixed term parental leave cover based in our Melbourne office. Reporting to the Group General Manager Environment, Sustainability and Reporting, you will provide professional and qualified advice to senior operational management and our customers while supporting key site environment/zero harm personnel in delivering a zero harm workplace.
You will be responsible for implementing environment and sustainability strategies and providing a value added support service to our Spotless division maintaining compliance with internal, legislative and client requirements.
A primary objective is to continually identify improvement opportunities and work with the business to provide Spotless with sustainable, industry leading solutions, which enhance the overall environment and sustainability performance of the business and our customers.
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Management, Sustainability or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing complex contaminated land issues including working with contaminated land consultants, contractors and regulators.
- Environmental Auditor qualifications (desirable)
- Ability to think strategically, comprehend technical matters and find innovative solutions to complex problems
- Effective planning, time management and organisational skills
- Competent in maintaining an ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and national regulatory frameworks
- Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver results
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide guidance for all levels of staff and managers
- Demonstrated success in providing environmental initiatives and achieving environmental outcomes as part of a team
- Ability to maintain and foster regular internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Promote Zero Harm philosophy and lead by example, actively and visibly participating in workplace health and safety issues, committing to the health & safety of our employees and subcontractors as a high priority.
- Current drivers’ licence
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work for a forward thinking organisation where environment, sustainability and employee health and wellbeing are at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work for a Top 100 ASX listed company
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
For further information, please contact Susie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send applications or resumes to this email address as they will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time