Systems Engineer - Defence project(s)
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from Systems Engineers looking for opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Canberra. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
This role will work under limited direction to perform and achieve complex systems engineering work within an integrated workforce. The Systems Engineer will work independently with the opportunity for reasonable autonomy and accountability for the achievement of project outcomes They will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures. They will provide detailed systems engineering technical and professional advice in relation to complex work and contribute to strategic planning, program and project management, and policy development.
This role is required to understand engineering disciplines, implement engineering processes and procedures to ensure technical compliance and integrity. Communicate and engage with stakeholders, plan, develop, integrate, manage and evaluate projects and engineering management systems to deliver the engineering aspects within the Defence material capability life cycle.
- An experienced Systems Engineer with expertise in Requirements, Certification, Safety and Radio Frequency Engineering who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Have an Engineering degree.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence Acquisition, Procurement or Sustainment project (CASG).
- Quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment within a growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results