Technical Officer - Communications Wireless
Job ID: 574746
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has been engaged to provide construction services for Greenfields, site upgrades, co-locations, In-building, site relocations and transmission upgrades for Government / Council networks, public safety and smaller scale private networks. The expectation is for strong wireless project growth into 2021 and entry into new markets.
Directly reporting to the Senior Project Manager, we are seeking a Technical Officer to be responsible for all stakeholder management and direct site relationships required within the Wireless projects based from our office in Gladesville, NSW.
The Technical Officer role will see you responsible for the operational supervision of our construction partners, site works and acting as the public interface for the project. You will ensure that targets for productivity and construction compliance are met in accordance with health, safety, training and quality requirements.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Project Management preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Senior Technician/Project Engineer/Supervisor on large scale radio communications projects (P25, Tetra, DMR) with demonstrated field experience
- Mandatory to have experience working on NSW Government Radio network
- Demonstrated and sound knowledge of wireless external plant
- Experienced in supervision of EWP, travel towers and cranes
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety related to Civil Construction and rigging works
- Management of construction partners, site works activities and delivery
- In depth knowledgeable of P25 networks
- Appropriate licences in qualifications Radhaz/EME training & Working at Heights.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker – Talent & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@Downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time