Solar Project Engineer- New Energy
Job ID: 574874
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s New Energy Business provides our Customers with smart energy infrastructure solutions that help them meet their renewable energy needs. Our smart metering business provides retail metering services to many of Australia’s leading electricity Retailers, and metering services to the growing Embedded Network Operators (ENO) market. Our solar and battery installation teams provide renewable energy solutions for a wide range of Customers, from residential properties, to commercial markets, and industrial facilities. Our people work with our Customers from concept through to delivery, actively engaging with them to ensure that the solutions we provide, produce the maximum energy savings available. The New Energy team work with the latest technology such as battery storage, Virtual Power Plants (VPP), solar farms, energy efficiency measures and customers including Tesla, Origin Energy and Woodside.
Due to ongoing project success and an increasing pipeline of projects, we’re seeking a Solar Project Engineer to join the team in our Gladesville, NSW office. Working with multi-disciplinary engineering and construction teams, you will be responsible for:
- All aspects of engineering design, analysis and development of new solar PV and Energy storage systems.
- Performing site-specific engineering analysis or evaluation of energy efficiency and solar/battery projects involving residential, commercial, or industrial customers and;
- Design of solar and energy storage systems for new and existing structures, applying knowledge of structural energy requirements, local climates, solar technology, and thermodynamics, metering and auditing requirements.
- Project engineering experience within the Solar and Energy Storage industry
- CEC accreditation in PV design and installation, plus storage accreditation desirable
- Good understanding of the Renewables markets, its customers and forms of contract (more specifically Solar, Batteries and Metering)
- Experience managing subcontractors
- Experience in driving quality outcomes in project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders /clients, peers and colleagues
- Preparation of tenders/bids, review and management of technical information
- Safety focused, able to contribute to our Zero Harm environment and culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to join our growing New Energy business
- Access to our Employee Benefits & Wellbeing Program
- Supportive & dynamic team environment
For more information please contact Paula Collins - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner firstname.lastname@example.org job reference Solar Project Engineer- New Energy 574874.
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time