Field Service Mechanic
Job ID: 574890
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Trades, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An opportunity has become available for a Heavy Diesel Mechanic. The role involves travelling nationally supporting the Pavement Preservation Division’s Mobile fleet. Working with over 150 pieces of machinery, the key focus of this role is to assist the Maintenance Planner with the planning and scheduling of mobile machinery maintenance.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, you will ensure that the highest standard of plant reliability and availability is achieved, whilst maintaining Downer’s Safety & regulatory standards. The key objective to this role is to assist with the planning and scheduling of mobile machinery maintenance.
You will also assist with inspections, enabling repairs to be scheduled. You will also conduct service and repairs whilst offering support to external contractors where plant and machinery are being scheduled to be repaired.
- Trade qualified Heavy Diesel Fitter /Mechanic with demonstrated Field Service experience.
- Experience with maintenance and repairs of Trucks and heavy earth moving equipment including mechanical, electrical and hydraulic diagnosis and repair
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- High attention to detail essential and a track record in preventative maintenance.
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal , communication and computer skills
- Ability to plan for routine and unscheduled maintenance
- Ability to adhere to a 19/9 roster, while traveling nationally.
- Actively participate and support Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please contact: Yvette Michael on 0438 213 759 – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button