Junior Lab Technician - School Leaver Opportunity
Junior Lab Technician - Whakatipu Tētēkura:
Whakatipu Tētēkura is designed for Māori school leavers and consists of a series of marae and classroom-based residential workshops where you will learn life skills training and qualifications to get you work-ready and prepared for employment with Downer. This programme leads to full time employment with Downer.
What’s on offer:
- A one week residential programme getting you ready to start employment with Downer. All travel and course costs are covered by Downer. We have two programmes starting in December 2020 with employment starting in January 2021.
- The one week residential programme is– part marae based part classroom based which will give you:
- An introduction to the infrastructure industry
- Opportunity to connect and meet
- Life skills training and qualifications to get you prepared for your new role
- Ongoing workplace, mentoring and qualification support
- After you have successfully completed the programme you will be offered a full time trainee position as a Junior Laboratory Technician, and could be based in Auckland, Wellington, Mount Maunganui or Christchurch.
Who can apply:
I’m interested – what next:
- Apply now directly online or email email@example.com
- All we need from you is your CV, driver’s license details and the location you are interested in working in.
- After you have applied online– if you are shortlisted we will give you a call for a phone screen – if you are successful you will have a face to face interview with a Downer manager in your location.
- If you impress the manager in your interview you will come on Whakatipu Tētēkura.
- After you have successfully completed the programme you will be offered a contract and then start your new role.
A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of the trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574493 to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical as well as a criminal history check.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results