Horizontal Directional Driller
Job ID: 575564
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Canning Vale
Categories: Trades, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Established in 1998, and now a Division of Downer Utilities Australia Pty Ltd, UrbanGrid Australia has grown into Western Australia's largest, most diverse civil underground utility construction company, and are continuing to expand. Providing services to Gas, Telecommunications & Water services across the Perth Metro area, we have developed a reputation as WA's best.
Based in Canning Vale, UrbanGrid Australia is a multi-award-winning business specialising in the construction and installation of underground utility assets. We have a strong focus on safety, quality, innovation and training.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for numerous Horizontal Directional Drillers to complete drilling for various underground utilities for large metro projects. Duties will include but not limited to:
- Safe operations of HD machinery up to Vermeer 40/55
- Locating underground assets
- Drill head tracking
- Reading and understanding 1100s
- Pipe preparation
- Excavator operator
This is a varied and hands on role that would suit a proactive and hardworking individual, looking to make their mark in a well-established company.
To be considered for the role you would have the following experience with:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Prior experience working with underground utilities
- Drivers Licence HR unrestricted or above (essential)
- Construction Safety Card
- Excavator ticket
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Physically fit due to labour intensive work
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity for long term work working on large scale metro projects
- A diverse and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to undertake traineeships and further career development
- Guaranteed hours, regular overtime and great rates,
- Employee Benefits & Wellness Program
If you have any further questions regarding the role, you can contact Puck Jonker – Talent & Sourcing on email@example.com.
Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time