Signals Assets & Standards Engineer
WHO WE ARE
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private provider of multi-modal public transport. We are the largest light rail operator in Australia and one of the nation's most significant bus operators. Keolis Downer provides services to more then 210 million people each year.
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private multi-modal operator with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
Join the team in the role of Signal Standards & Asset Engineer and play a pivotal part in ensuring our client facing team is well optimised and utilised each and every day.
- Previous experience implementing the signaling configuration control process to provide and maintain an accurate status of the approved configuration of assets
- Manage a regular review of existing standards to ensure their currency and applicability to meet safety and reliability objectives
- Previous working knowledge for monitoring trends arising from recommendations and investigations from the regulator and other rail operators
- Demonstrated experience developing new standards and or procedures as new equipment or processes are introduced
- Ability to manage Signaling design documents such as Circuit Books, Signal plans, control tablets and Bonding plans
- Confident to oversee the development and joint delivery of the discipline specific Annual Works Plan to maintain the infrastructure at required level of safety, reliability, capacity and environmental performance whist ensuring scheduling is cost effective and on time
- Ability to manage the control process for Signaling design data for all CBI, Axle Counter, and ETCS Systems
- A history of working within the rail environment and understanding of safety and compliance to National Law.
- Ability to respond quickly and rationally to problems as well as work collaboratively on complex issues.
- Must possess a current, valid and unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Manage existing standards and procedures ensuring their currency and relevance.
- Monitor all standards and procedures to ensure they are achieving the goals of safety and reliability of the safety systems
- Update signaling standards and procedures to ensure safety and reliability objectives are achieved
- Coordinate the Signaling Asset Management plans which include routine maintenance, renewals and projects.
- Facilitating project planning and implementation processes with effective communication and liaison with the Maintenance Manager, contractors, consultants, government departments and rail operators in order to keep them updated with project status
- Manage the Signaling Annual Works Plan to ensure targets and milestones are met
- Monitor the effectiveness in achieving safety and reliability objectives
- Represent the Signaling discipline and provide a point of contact with rail regulatory bodies
- You may be required in some instances to present at work to perform crisis management duties in the case of emergency on the network
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work as part of a new and growing team within a project environment
- Full – time Permanent role based in Adelaide
This opportunity will have you be a part of the team as you ensure that staffing levels are as required for the smooth operation of the Metropolitan Adelaide train network. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the Signaling department is performing at its best, as you will be the one to provide the team with the most current and up to date data, trends and industry changes and requirements. Your role will allow Keolis Downer to operate and bring forth a world class service to the people of SA and will have the benefits of high exposure and potential growth opportunities that come with a success job well done.
To apply hit “apply now” or contact Anita at email@example.com
(Note: Only applications submitted through the online vacancies will be considered.)
Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email
Back to search results