Project Manager - Upper North Island
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer holds a long-term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. This involves the proactive management and delivery to the national portfolio of facilities including 16 prisons, 100 courts and 157 community correctional sites. This contract underpins the provision of availability of facilities to support core Government services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager-Team Lead to come on board and join our Programme Management team on this contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performance team who are focused on delivering outstanding project outcomes for the Department of Corrections and Ministry of Justice. Reporting to the National Programme Manager this role involves managing a variety of projects regionally across multiple contracted facilities that directly contributes to the overall team performance. This is a key position requiring the delivery on all contractual obligations and responsibility for revenue generation and ensuring the projects performance meets all customer requirements, delivering on safety, optimizing resource use and the achievement of target results.
About the role:
As the Project Manager, your main responsibility will be - Identifying, scoping, estimating, coordinating and taking ownership for the delivery of a programme of minor works (covering building / facilities work, electrical, mechanical, HVAC) and other key activities across the contract by owning the end-to-end delivery, including client liaison.
Other duties will include:
- Working with the National Programme Manager, Site Managers, Regional Operations Managers, Supervisors, Field Tech’s, Sub-contractors and Client to plan, schedule and deliver the required works including – scoping, quoting, POs, start and completion dates, all required documentation with a strong focus on Health & Safety requirements
- Providing reports to the Key Stakeholders
- Promoting strong collaborative client relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities
- Working collaboratively as part of the Corrections team and with the wider Downer business
This is a busy and varied role that will suit someone who is team focused, outcome focused and a strong relationship builder, ensuring that the clients’ requests are managed before problems arise.
You will have solid tenure and experience in a Project Management, Electrical, Quantity Surveyor, Building or similar role. We are seeking someone with a high degree of commercial financial /business acumen coupled with proven project management and leadership experience
It is also essential that you have:
- Project delivery management and scoping / costing skills and experience – minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience with FM projects (preferred)
- Technical skills, experience and qualifications (e.g. HVAC, Electrical, QS, Construction etc.)
- Ability to operate in a busy and changing environment, showing sound judgment and a professional approach
- Experience, skills, and an understanding of the fundamental aspects of business, including operation and financial.
- Team player who supports and actively works towards achieving team goals, can see the bigger picture
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Are highly organised and excellent ability to prioritise workflow
- Are motivated, positive and outcome oriented
- Take ownership and have plenty of initiative
- Seek challenges and question status quo with a view for improvements
- Excellent time and work management/prioritisation skills.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 575722 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results