Hi-Rail Excavator Operator
Job ID: 575821
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Pilbara, Pilbara region
Categories: Maintenance, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business, continues to secure new work and build on our reputation as a market leader in delivering some of Australia’s major Transport Infrastructure projects.
We currently have multiple long-term maintenance contracts and large-scale construction projects across Western Australia, placing us in an enviable position moving into the future.
As a result of our success and growth we are now seeking experienced and enthusiastic Hi-Rail Excavator Operators to join our progressive Infrastructure Projects.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Maintain and safety checks on mobile plant, equipment and company vehicles
- Prepare and set up plant for operation (including selecting, fitting and removing attachments)
- Operate machines in a safe and appropriate manner
- Ensure that all technical, safety procedures and contract specific requirements are followed
- Servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refueling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
- Maintain clean working environment
- Perform general track maintenance as required
- Hi-Rail Excavator certification
- Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure (TL121315)
- Proven experience operating Hi Rail Excavator in Rail Maintenance &/Construction environment
- Previous experience on re-sleepering projects
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Drivers Licence (HC/MC)
- High Risk Work License (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ongoing Rail Maintenance work.
- Diverse, energetic and supportive workplace culture, where you are treated as a highly valued team member where your thoughts, innovation and ideas really do count.
- Develop and diversify your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Offering competitive benefits.
- We are operating across a number of different locations, so there are opportunities in both residential and FIFO roles across the state.
- Permanent Full-Time Contracts for added job security.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application, please use the link and apply online, applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
If you require further information on this opportunity, please contact Mark Rice on 0459 375 997.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time