Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Administrator - 8/6 roster -Civil and Rail WA
Job ID: 576094
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Pilbara, Pilbara region
Categories: Finance & Administration, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
With the continued growth and the new award of various Rail & Civil projects across regional WA we are seeking to employ full time 2 x FIFO Quantity Surveyors/Contracts Administrators to work on a new Rail/Civil project in NW WA.
These positions will support our Commercial Manager & Senior Quantity Surveyor, both Perth based, to deliver commercial outcomes across the project recently commenced in the Regional WA. On completion of training/onboarding you will mobilise to site on a FIFO basis on an 8/6 roster (flying both ways in the companies time) from Perth. You will work with another QS/CA on your swing and have a back to back on your R & R.
This is a fast paced project with a monthly spend of $8-10m and a blend of Civil & Rail and self perform and sub contractors involved.
On a day to day basis , your duties will include job creation, raising purchase orders and cross checking against invoices, processing payments to construction/supplier partners, maintaining and updating the invoice register, following up paperwork to ensure correct data is gathered and assisting the procurement and wider project team on any ad hoc duties as required. The ability to provide commercial support combined with proven administration experience within a large project team in a dynamic environment, will ensure your success in this position.
- Tertiary qualification in construction management or quantity surveying;
- Proven contracts administration experience within a large organisation and high attention to detail;
- Proven experience in the preparation of contract agreements;
- Knowledge of the infrastructure market sectors (Rail or Civil will be highly regarded)
- Working knowledge of project management principles and project control applications
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and SharePoint
- Good working knowledge of JDE Accounts is preferred but not essential and/or knowledge of project financial reporting tools
- Sound working knowledge of risk management principles and application of process
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- High level of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative
- Willingness to be site based on a FIFO basis
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that pushes your business skills into high gear as you work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most interesting and meaningful projects.
- A rare opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below.
"As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply".
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time