Senior Environment Advisor - Eyre Peninsula
Job ID: 578453
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Projects business is looking for a Senior Environment Advisor to assist in the delivery of the Eyre Peninsula Transmission Project with promoting best practice environmental systems of work as well as a safe workplace for our Downer employees and sub-contractors.
Pivotal to this will be to ensure the business is meeting the environmental expectations of the clients whilst liaising and engaging with regulatory bodies for approvals across our environmental functions.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for Environmental Management Plan Implementation and environment workplace related activities.
- Ensure the implementation of Environmental controls across the project in compliance with environmental management plans, risk assessments, external approval and permits and work instructions.
- Maintain integrated environmental management plans and manage legislative issues for clients where appropriate.
- Maintain and foster regular stakeholder relationships and act as a trusted advisor.
- Deliver toolbox meetings and oversee the administration including the review and update of risk registers.
- Conduct ongoing risk management and hazard identification processes as well as environmental audits.
- Coordinate accident and incident investigations and produce environmental bulletins and alerts.
- Assist the site Zero Harm team with development of local environmental instructions and verify site Work Method Statements whilst suitably addressing environmental risk.
- Review and approve contractor environmental procedures and processes.
- Work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities.
- You will hold a Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or Equivalent with credible experience gained in a heavy industry.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental, occupational health and safety and other legislations.
- Well-developed knowledge relating to the maintenance of Quality Systems (ISO9001).
- Well-developed verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills including consultative communications skills.
- Report writing and data analysis skills as well organising and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on large scale power projects and within a highly skilled team;
- A company that strives to achieve positive cultural relationships that lead to sustainable outcomes in employment and inclusion for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- The ability to work with a diverse range of disciplines, taking on new and exciting challenges;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
WE RESPECTFULLY FOR ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time