Cert II Tyre Technicians
Job ID: 578522
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Albany, Pilbara, Pilbara region
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major, blue-chip, mining companies while maximising productivity and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre management; delivering savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
In Western Australia alone, we have a presence on over 30 mining operations and, due to continued growth and internal movement, we currently require experienced Tyre Technicians that are looking to take their next career step with a global leader in Tyre Management with either 2:1 or 8:6 rosters available:
- RTIO - Brockman - 8:6 - FIFO Perth, Albany or Bussleton
- BHP - South Flank - 2:1 - State of the art site with brand new facilities
- Various - Releif Role - 8:6
As Tyre Technician you undertake planned and reactive tyre changes/maintenance on a range of mobile mining equipment. You will provide a high level of continuous service on site by supporting the operations of the workshop, office, stock and personnel. You also be ensuring the contracted scope of work is performed and maintained to a high standard. Duties of the role will be undertaken in line with our thorough safety policies and procedures.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of Earthmover tyre fitting experience on mine sites
- You must hold a Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting Heavy; AUR21916/AUR21920
- A valid and current Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence (minimum of an HR licence)
- A current WorkSafe forklift (HR) licence
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- An understanding that safety is paramount, with high attention to detail to abide by site safety procedures
- Possess a high level of maturity, initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration package with parity across all our WA sites.
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm where you are paid to do your job safely, not quickly.
- Ongoing training and development with a commitment to have all employees qualified to the most recent industry certification – AUR21916, soon to be AUR21920.
- Registered RTO within the business that allows continuous training and traineeships.
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities.
- Internal movement with opportunities in WA, NSW, QLD and internationally.
- Commitment to R&D with a focus on new technologies and continual improvements.
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
We are looking for candidates who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm, to utilise their Tyre Fitting expertise in an environment that fosters progression and development.
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world-class organisation.
Interested? Apply now! Or for further information please contact Patrick Hardie at email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button