Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
About the role:
Downer Defence is looking for an experienced Master Scheduler to assist in the execution of a major Command and Control (C2) program. Working within the PMO, the successful candidate will work closely with Project Managers and other key stakeholders to develop and implement and manage the integrated master schedule across a portfolio of projects within the Warfighting Networks and Applications program ensure key milestones and deliverables are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of the integrated master schedule across multiple tranches of work
- Oversee the production and maintenance of subordinate project and product schedules within the program
- Lead and mentor junior schedulers and ensuring the full capability of project scheduling tools (OPP and other Online Collaboration Tools)
- Provide accurate and timely schedule reporting and briefings for senior leadership and executive stakeholders.
- Aid in the development and maintenance of the program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Advise program leadership of risk and scheduling management approaches and best-practice measures.
- In-depth scheduling experience, ideally with Defence major capital acquisition projects
- Demonstrated experience using the Open Plan Professional scheduling tool
- Demonstrated experience working in environments with Commonwealth information security requirements
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, software development methodologies (ie Agile, DevOps) and ICT governance frameworks
Note – due to the nature of the role and customer requirements, candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance.
What we offer
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance
Back to search results