Surveyor - Whakatipu Transport Programme Alliance
We are looking for Surveyors to plan, direct and conduct survey work and fulfil the Survey requirements of the Whakatipu Transport Programme Alliance in Queenstown.
The Whakatipu Transport Programme Alliance (WTPA) is delivering an exciting $200m-plus programme of work in Queenstown. The programme brings together projects for Queenstown Lakes District Council and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, to provide safer and better options for walking, cycling and public transport throughout the region.
The alliance is a partnership between Queenstown Lakes District Council, Waka Kotahi, Fulton Hogan, Downer, Beca and WSP.
The construction programme began in January 2021 and will take around four years to complete.
About the role:
- Ultimately the role is to manage the day to day surveying requirements on a works package of $40M+ of works. From the pre-design right, the way through to hand-over you will liaise with the appropriate team members and ensure all survey information is measured, managed and delivered to the required standards in a timely manner.
- Determine appropriate survey methodology and equipment to complete daily Survey tasks.
- Establishment, maintaining and monitoring of survey control points
- Manage design and construction survey datasets and calculations. Ensure all are up to date and presented appropriately.
- Survey set out as required by the Construction Team to enable the construction of the work to the specified standard.
- Survey accurate monitoring data for design and construction teams.
- Ensure that sufficient evidence through the survey is gathered to support design variations and present the data appropriately.
- As-built pickup of the works, and maintaining data standards.
- Collation of quantities for preparation of monthly progress claims and subcontractor payments.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all parties within the alliance.
- Develop, mentor and train junior staff.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures and actively support the Survey Manager to promote safety on site.
- Hold an NZ Certificate in Land Surveying / Diploma in Surveying or Bachelor of Surveying.
- 5 years construction experience including:
- 2 years of major infrastructure experience
- 2 years of tier 1 construction project experience
- Competent with 12d model software
- Competent with Leica Total Stations and GNSS.
- Have a proven track record of being a strong team player and leading junior staff. Providing technical knowledge and skills to ensure the team achieve the required project outcomes.
This role demands flexibility, the ability to self-manage, and the willingness to be a team player. Apply today by contacting heading to www.downercareers.co.nz using job reference number 578764.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results