Rivers & Drainage General Labourer
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer Open Space Management have an enviable record of delivery to the highest standards in the Marlborough area as part of parks contracts being delivered to a wide range of clients nationwide. Our team are professional, focused on delivery of best practice Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Rivers and Drainage General Labourer join our highly successful team in Blenheim. You will be part of a team responsible for managing the growth of vegetation near and within rivers and drainage channels throughout the Marlborough district through manual means and the use of selected herbicides to contract specifications.
We are seeking applications from candidates with the following:
- Experience with the use of brush cutters / weed eaters and chainsaws would be an advantage
- Qualification in the use of Agrichemicals would be an advantage
- Previous experience working alongside waterways and in boats is desirable
- Experience working alone and excellent self-management skills
- Good written skills as you will be required to complete reports and keep other documentation in order
- Excellent communication skills and experienced dealing with customers
- Hold a Full Driver licence, HT an advantage
- Skipper's ticket / boat masters an advantage
A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 578788 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results