Graduate Zero Harm (OHS/ Safety) Advisor
Job ID: 578944
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Newport, Melbourne
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Zero Harm (OHS / Safety) Advisor to join our team in VIC - Newport. This is a twelve-month fixed term position.
This is an opportunity for you to work with a high performing team and support Zero Harm initiatives for Newport Rollingstock Services, Newport HCMT and our East Preston facility to ensure adequate systems are in place to demonstrate compliance with the zero harm management systems, plans and occupational health and safety/rail safety legislation. We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
The role provides support to the Zero Harm Manager in developing and implementing initiatives across these sites and fostering continuous improvement programs.
In addition, you will also provide advice, support and guidance to management and staff to assist in the provision of relevant information and expertise to contribute to the achievement of health, safety and environmental KPI’s.
- Meet and maintain the requirements of a Rail Safety Worker (CAT 3)
- Diploma or Tertiary Qualifications in Work Health & Safety or similar discipline essential.
- Experience in occupational health and safety in a large asset management, manufacturing, maintenance or heavy engineering environment is desirable.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment desirable.
- Lead ICAM incident investigation is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow directions as required and prioritise multiple tasks
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work with an ASX Listed Company
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Astrid Viegas – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time