Job ID: 579029
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Confluence Water is a Joint Venture between Downer, Jacobs and Ventia operating under the Sydney Water Partnering for Success Program in the northern region of Sydney. Sydney Water has engaged Confluence Water to provide design and capital works construction as well as maintenance and facilities management services over the next 10 years. The Confluence Water operated northern region of the program stretches from Sydney Harbour to the south to the Hawkesbury River in the north and includes the Northern Beaches in the north east and the Hills Shire area in the north west.
Reporting to the Environmental & Sustainability Manager, we are seeking an enthusiastic Environmental Advisor to provide day-to-day management for all on-site environmental aspects including testing, reporting and conducting site inspections on construction sites whilst also ensuring the "Zero Harm" goals are achieved in accordance with the Downer safety standards.
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary degree in the field of Environmental management or related discipline
- Previous experience in a procurement position with a high understanding of the construction industry
- A good understanding of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental planning and approvals, environmental licensing and/or site environmental management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
The role is offered by Downer Group (as a JV partner) and includes the following:
- Personalised career growth and access to other internal Downer opportunities
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time