Operational Support Superintendent - Site Audits
Job ID: 579030
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Finance & Administration, Management, Trades, Maintenance, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major, blue chip, mining companies while maximising productivity and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre management; delivering savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
Otraco have a unique opportunity for Operational Support Superintendents to join our teams and provide critical support across our West Australian operations. We are seeking a true SME in earthmoving tyre fitting procedures, specifically within a Mining environment. This role will provide support and services associated with safety, operational training and compliance, including planning and executing independent compliance audits across all sites.
The Operational Support Superintendent is a full time, fixed term role for 6 months with the potential to transition to a permanent position. The role is initially offered on a 6 month, fixed-term contract with a strong possibility to transition to a permanent position., It will be based in Perth and will involve regular travel across regional areas to ensure consistent support across all operations. key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute compliance auditing to ensure we are operating to company standards, Otraco Best Practice (OBP) procedures and relevant legislative requirements
- Analyse and report audit findings to relevant stakeholders
- Audit consulting including the provision of advice on close-out of audit actions, implementation of controls and process improvements
- Complete site inductions for respective sites
- Develop operational training packages to support existing and new equipment and tooling
- Monitor mine site operations to ensure adherence to Operational Training developments
- Create consistency of Operational procedures throughout the Regions
- Mentor new and existing Supervisors in the requirements to be a successful Otraco leader
- Support the Innovation and Improvement Manager in developing operational practices for training, tooling, etc
- Recognise upcoming Leaders and support their personal development into Leadership positions
- Manage delivery of Training programs for Supervisors including but not limited to: INX, Otracom, AMT, SharePoint, JDEGS, Lucidity, IMS, Tandem, Microsoft Office
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive industry experience (10+ years) in the fitting of OTR tyres and the management of mine based OTR operations.
- Extensive supervisory experience, specifically the ability to provide support to geographically dispersed teams
- Current light vehicle/heavy vehicle (as required) driver’s license – Essential
- G2 Implement and Apply Risk Management Processes
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, including Excel & Word
- Good knowledge of OHS legislation, discipline and practice
- Auditing Qualifications or previous auditing experience would be advantageous (not essential)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR Certificate IV in Training & Assessing (Desired not essential)
- ICAM (Desired not essential)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration with a leading integrated services provider
- The unique opportunity to work with a world leader in vehicle and OTR tyre management
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business dedicated to nurturing their people personally and professionally
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world class organisation. We are looking for candidates who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm
Interested? Apply now! Or for further information please contact Patrick Hardie at email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button