Scheduler - Defence
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
This role is within CASG, in an established team and seeks a scheduler to contribute to a high performing culture. The successful candidate will, on behalf of the Project Managers and Director and in collaboration with the other Project Scheduler, manage the Project Integrated Master Schedule. The successful applicant will interact with a broad variety of stakeholders and will be expected to demonstrate initiative and function autonomously (commensurate with their engagement level). Tasks include, but may not be limited to;
- Participating in or leading scheduling workshops to help team leads and project managers develop schedules including:
- resource levelling,
- dependency development and analysis
- Updating schedule progress in consultation with team leads and responsible parties
- Reporting on schedule progress to project management
- Identifying scheduling issues and recommending actions for remediation and resolution
- Outputs of tasks will include:
- Project Master Schedules
- Work Breakdown Structures
- WBS Dictionaries
- Schedule reports
As the successful candidate you will possess the following (experience and skill levels to be adapted based on level of candidate):
- Understanding of and experience in schedule management, methodologies, and tools (Open Plan Professional)
- Experiencing developing schedules for large acquisition Projects at various stages of the project lifecycle.
- Understanding of Defence acquisition projects
- Experience with Defence acquisition projects would be beneficial
- Understanding of and experience in the application of Project Controls
- Understanding of, or experience in Project and/or Program Management would be beneficial
- Schedule management professional accreditation or qualification for Open Plan Professional
- Degree qualification(s) in a field relevant to the execution of projects
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results