PLSL Specialist Officer - Accounting
Job ID: 579726
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Are you an enthusiastic, dynamic and people orientated accounting and payroll professional? Do you want to use your skills to manage compliance focusing on Portable Long Service Leave (PLSL) and develop key relationships with business operational teams?
Join a customer focused team to support Downer Group with compliance and accounting activities.
On the hunt for a PLSL Specialist to join the Accounting Services team on a 12-18 months fixed term contract at Downer’s North Ryde Sydney office as part of the Business Service Centre
The Business Services Centre provides a positive environment to support our operations with continuous improvement opportunities and our people with training and development and career growth.
Working closely with the Accounting Services Supervisor, the role will have the following main responsibilities:
- Review employees’ PLSL eligibility and relevant payroll system setup
- Review employees’ LSL balance
- Liaise with HR Business Partner and PLSL Boards to resolve PLSL issues
- Prepare and lodge PLSL reimbursement forms
- Reconcile and manage PLSL payment/reimbursement clearing account
- Actively support and participate in process improvement projects
- Provide PLSL backup and support to other team members as workload fluctuates or leave is taken
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- In-depth knowledge of Portable Long Service Leave requirements across all jurisdiction is essential. Applicants will not be considered otherwise.
- Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting
- CA or CPA qualification highly regarded
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an accounting/compliance role with strong focus on payroll data, compliance and leave balance management
- Must have experience working with large corporate ERP (e.g. SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, JDE) and payroll system (SAP, Oracle)
- Must have very strong Excel capabilities
- Must have a strong analytical mind with a proven record of continuous process improvement
In addition, you will need:
- In-depth knowledge with balance sheet reconciliation
- In-depth knowledge of Portable Long Service leave and how it interacts with leave accruals and entitlements
- Have strong analytical skills and quickly derive trends/exceptions from large data sets
- Able to understand and work through complex business structures
- Have a high rate of learning and able to quickly understand new concepts
In return you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career within Downer an ASX listed leader in delivering services across Australia ranging from trains and roads through to renewable energy and facilities management.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package, the foundation of a career with stability, flexible working arrangements and continued professional development as we continue to expand as a business.
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Rosa Van Kuyk for more information on Rosa.VanKuyk@Downergroup.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time