Project Development Manager - Strategy and Growth
Job ID: 579807
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Sydney, Brisbane
Categories: Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is one of Australia’s largest and most experienced providers in the Power Systems and Infrastructure Projects market.
Due to the growth in securing and delivering medium to large-scale projects we have an opportunity for a Project Development Manager to manage the proposal from the planning phase of an opportunity through the preparation and negotiation phases to handover.
- Manage the full tender cycle in line with business strategy and procedures.
- Prepare tenders in accordance with company procedures and levels of authorities, including sourcing all relevant information required for tender requirements.
- Examine & review contract documents and drawings whilst overseeing any governance associated with opportunities based on risk and cost levels.
- Ensure tenders are complete and submitted within the required timeframe and budget.
- Support and assist in the development, implementation and review of tendering procedures and systems.
- Establish, with sub-contractors, terms and conditions of sub-contractor agreement.
- Conduct site inspections to identify elements and issues prior to estimating works.
- Consult with operational and estimating groups on appropriate construction techniques, productivities and methods, and on safety requirements impinging on costs.
- Assist in contract negotiations and support Managers at post-tender interviews, as required
- Liaise with external bodies, clients, consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers to develop bids.
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical Engineering (not mandatory) with experience working in a similar role or Project Engineering/Management role gained from Power, Transmission, Substation or Renewables industries.
- A sound background in Project Management or Procurement who understands engineering principles and construction methodologies & has been across the full tender process.
- A passion for leading and delivering on complex Design & Construction bids.
- Strong influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Personable, credible and pragmatic to work with various stakeholders to deliver on time and within budget.
What we offer:
- A highly supportive and engaged team environment with a diverse portfolio of power related projects including renewable energy projects.
- Flexible working environment and a supportive team leader who focusses on output.
- Competitive remuneration with ongoing training and support if required.
This role will suit someone who is a strong communicator with a passion to move into a Project Development Management role. Will suit someone who is keen to work 38-hour week (flexible working) and move across from the tools to PM Development.
Our preference for this role is to be Sydney based however we support flexible working arrangements as the key to success in this role will be to support our national project development team with the tender bid process.
HOW TO APPLY
- To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
- If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time