Job ID: 579816
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Maintenance, Manufacturing
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail and Transit Systems is committed to providing the highest quality of Rollingstock & Overhaul services for both the local Queensland and wider Australian markets. We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
About the role:
You will work in a team environment to produce the engineering design solutions in accordance with the Scope of Works received by Downer and national standards, within project time-frames. You will become a subject matter expert and work in collaboration with other departments within our organisation.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (registered with Engineers Australia)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Mechanical Design modifications and overhauls on Rollingstock
- Knowledge of quality assurance and investigations
- Establish and maintain positive customer, supplier and internal relationships
- Strong emphasis on innovation and best practice
- Articulate complex concepts to all levels of the business
- An analytical approach to root cause, cost-benefit, safety and risk
Specific desired skills and experience:
- Rail, aerospace, defence or similar heavy industry environment
- Structural engineering and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) skills
- Designed for Disability Standards Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT)
- Design experience - Human Factors on rollingstock or public transport
- Rollingstock fire engineering/ fire compliance/ FERA
- Rollingstock interior design/ material selections
- Familiarity with Queensland Rail standards and work practice
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer Group takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate and the environment.
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Work on key rollingstock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm, safety is at the core of everything we do
- Full-time employment – Immediate start available
- Competitive remuneration
- Regionally based on the Fraser Coast
For further information please email Suzanne.MARLEY@downergroup.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time