Zero Harm Advisor - Roads
Job ID: 579889
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Hobart
- ASX Listed Organisation
- Career Development Opportunities
Join our Zero Harm team in this long-term career development opportunity based in Hobart, VIC. This hands-on role will actively lead and ensure on-going compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk.
The role of Zero Harm Advisor will contribute to the continual improvement to Downer's Integrated Management System (IMS) and associated programs. The role will also be responsible for performance monitoring and data analysis, audit processes, guide incident investigations.
Exposure in the Civil Road Maintenance, Construction, Heavy Industrial or Transport space will be highly regarded as will the ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining strong relationships with both operational and management personnel to achieve best outcomes.
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous
- OHS Exposure gained within a high-risk industry operating accredited heavy vehicles
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence at various business levels
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation
- Ability to think strategically, considering both corporate and local objectives/drivers
- Ability to conduct audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Injury Management Team
For more information please contact: Paul Dossis – Quoting job number #579889
E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0417076352
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Tasmania Standard Time