Senior Project Controller
Downer’s communications business provides an end-to-end wireless communications capability to design, build and maintain critical infrastructure for our customers across the Carrier, Transport, Resources, Government, Defence and Utilities sectors. Downer are a key Delivery Partner to major telecommunications Carriers throughout Australia providing innovative and practical solutions.
Within our Government portfolio delivering critical communications for public safety networks, Downer has been engaged to provide construction services for greenfield sites, site upgrades, site relocations, transmission upgrades. Due to ongoing growth in these projects Downer is seeking to expand the current project team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, we are seeking a Senior Project Controller to be responsible for performing, coordinating and overseeing project control duties in support of the project. You’ll be responsible for supporting the team on financial, project, contract and administrative activities to ensure we meet our client, company and financial accountabilities. This role is based at our office in Gladesville, NSW.
In this role your key responsibilities will be:
- Project Controls including disciplines of Cost, Schedule, Risk, Quality and Document Control
- Prepare project reports including progress, financial and resource information
- Manage Purchase Order issuing and reconciliation
- Assist with material reconciliations, claims reviews and cost audits.
- Update cost control systems to reflect budgets, forecast and actual costs
- Monitoring project team adherence to Company Standards
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Project Controls, Commercial, Finance or other relevant qualification
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Controller in a larger project team, preferably in a Telecommunications or Construction based environment.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in use of MS Office
- Familiarity with Finance Systems; JD Edwards preferred
- Well-developed organisational skills, with an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines;
- Strong communication skills with internal/external stakeholders
- Customer focused with ability to build and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external clients & stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker - Talent and Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
Back to search results