Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
Job ID: 580186
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Confluence Water is a Joint Venture between Downer, Jacobs and Ventia operating under the Sydney Water Partnering for Success Program in the northern region of Sydney. Sydney Water has engaged Confluence Water to provide design and capital works construction as well as maintenance and facilities management services over the next 10 years. The Confluence Water operated northern region of the program stretches from Sydney Harbour to the south to the Hawkesbury River in the north and includes the Northern Beaches in the north east and the Hills Shire area in the north west.
Based in our site office at North Head Waste Water Treatment plant and reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager you will have the opportunity to work on a significant treatment plant upgrade project. You will be required to pro-actively plan, schedule and provide support to the construction team whilst simultaneously working in partnership with engineering, procurement, quality and site construction teams to ensure that we are effective in meeting the joint ventures expectations regarding design, budget and schedule in accordance with our corporate standards and vision of "Zero Harm".
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field water engineering experience a strong advantage
- Experience in engaging and managing subcontractors and/or self-perform teams to delivery mechanical scopes of work on Waste Water Treatment plants or similar operational plants.
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written skills to communicate at all levels of a project via clear communication and constructive feedback to influence commercially effective outcomes
- Preparing documentation for all mechanical engineering construction activities associated with assigned project to ensure compliance with corporate, client conditions and parameters as set out in the project scope
- Actively contributing to the preparation of capital cost estimates, and management of assigned project budgets, reporting to the project manager on a monthly basis.
- Effective project planning and management of the project schedule to achieve the project outcomes.
- Providing guidance to discipline drafters and managing of vendors and sub-contractors to deliver the mechanical scope of projects
- Strong focus on safety leadership to achieve our vision of “Zero Harm”
WHAT WE OFFER
The role is offered by Downer Group (as a JV partner) and includes the following:
- Personalised career growth
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
To register your application; please use the link and apply online.
If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Stephanie.email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time