Job ID: 580403
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Esperence, Perth, Kalgoorlie - Boulder
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Kalgoorlie (Not FIFO)
- Industry Leader
- Permanent career development opportunity
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
We are seeking a driven Project Engineer to join our team based in Kalgoorlie overseeing the Rural Road Network Contract for the Goldfields Esperance Region. You will be instrumental in client relationship development, financial and contractual management coupled with a strong focus on safety. This is a pivotal role that will provide leadership and guidance to the Capital Works Team and associated subcontractors.
This role is ideally suited to candidates with industry exposure across, civil road maintenance, construction, infrastructure or bulk earth works.
You will possess Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or a related Civil Roads discipline together with;
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of spray seal or civil construction projects in a similar role (highly regarded)
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Substantial exposure planning, estimating, scheduling and delivering road improvement and maintenance projects
- Financial literacy and sound ability around project controls
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible innovative approach to problems and opportunities
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships based on trust and integrity
- A thought leader who has the courage to challenge the status quo
- Proficient in applications including Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email email@example.com quoting job number 580403.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time