Site Manager - OTR Tyres
Job ID: 580464
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Hunter Valley
Categories: Management, Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
WHO WE ARE
Otraco is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, Otraco has continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
Due to continued growth, Otraco International is currently recruiting a Site Manager to be based in the Hunter Valley where you will be required to support our project and associated objectives at this site.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The MT Arthur operation is our largest site in NSW with around 100 trucks and 16 people across 4 crews. This role will provide a high level of continuous service on site by supporting the operations of the workshop, office, stock and personnel. You also be ensuring the contracted scope of work is performed and maintained to a high standard. Your duties include:
- Prioritising and directing personnel to perform tyre fitting and workshop maintenance tasks in the most efficient, safe and cost-effective manner
- Maintaining a safe and efficient workforce by providing constructive and positive feedback as well as provide initiatives for increased safety and performance
- Demonstrating a high level of supervision to ensure all safety systems are present
- Leading by example to ensure all personnel comply with site and company policies, procedures, instructions and Golden Rules
- Actively promoting a safety culture across site operations that targets zero harm to personnel and the environment
The successful candidate will have significant experience in fitting heavy earthmoving tyres, preferably in a management or supervisory level position. You will demonstrate the following:
- Essential - Cert II in Heavy Duty Tyre Fitting with RIISAM210 & RIISAM211 or equivalent
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- An understanding that safety is paramount, with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety procedures
- Possess a high level of maturity, initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration with a leading integrated services provider
- The unique opportunity to work with a world leader in vehicle and OTR tyre management
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business dedicated to nurturing their people personally and professionally
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world class organisation. We are looking for candidates who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm
Interested? Apply now! Or for further information please contact Patrick Hardie at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button