Head of Operations
Downer New Zealand has a proud history that can be traced back to 1870, and today we are NZ’s leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment is building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions. The key to our success is our people who, on a day-to-day basis, they stand and deliver the company's core values of Excellence, Courage, Collaboration & Integrity across a diverse landscape of markets. We are proud of what we do, and that we support the well-being of the communities we work, live and play in.
About the role:
This newly created role will manage the day to day operations of our nation-wide role greenspace and amenities division. The Head of Operations leads and develops the operations teams across the contract, grow the Downer culture and work collaboratively with your customers through:
- Zero Harm leadership above all else;
- Leadership of the team embedding the Downer culture and values;
- Promoting strong collaborative customer relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities;
- Managing contract wide operations performance, including the achievement of financial targets, KPIs and cost containment strategies;
- Ensuring optimal contract resourcing and achieving self-delivery, productivity and utilisation targets;
- Building relationships with subcontractors and ensuring compliance to the contract requirements;
- Working as part of the broader Facilities Services team and with the wider Downer business;
- Maintaining a clear understanding of the contract deliverables and being accountable for operational delivery;
- Supporting sound solid technical solutions, primarily focused on facilities assets;
- Championing business development and growth; and
- Leading innovation in your business and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
At times, the business operates outside of normal business hours in order to meet contract KPIs and as such, there is the requirement to work outside of normal hours and undertake regular travel throughout New Zealand, which may include overnight stay(s).
You will be someone who possesses strong emotional intelligence, passion and drive; courage; a collaborative and team based focus and a proven track record of operational excellence and delivering on operational promises and commercial outcomes.
In addition to the above, you will ideally have the following:
- Current working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Management qualification and/or demonstrated skills and experience
- Considerable experience within the Green Spaces Facilities/Asset Management or construction industry/s
- Considerable demonstrated experience in the operational leadership of a large multi-trade service delivery team
- Experience, skills and understanding of detailed aspects of business, including operations and finance
- Experience driving operational activities to ensure quality is achieved, work completed to schedule and rework is minimised
- Ability to undertake travel across New Zealand as required.
What we offer:
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 580699 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results