Category Manager - 3 month contract
As a Tier 1 provider, Downer Mining bring value to mining operations by offering a range of services, tailored to meet project and customer needs. We have expert capability in designing, planning, scheduling, operating and maintaining mining operations.
Downer Mining are seeking an experienced Category Manager to join the team on a short term contract (3 months) based in our Milton offices. This role will work with key stakeholders; Plant, Operations, Site, Finance and Suppliers/Vendors to deliver reduced overall cost and service improvement for our business through the negotiation and management of supply and services contracts. This role will require an experienced procurement professional with supplier negotiation skills and the ability to engage with suppliers, negotiate and execute agreements of behalf of our projects. Critical to the success of this position is the management of these key stakeholder relationships.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Seek out and identify opportunities for business improvements.
- Ensure risks are accurately identified, contained and countermeasures are put in place.
- Actively seek ways to improve work efficiency and identify areas where savings can be realised.
- Assist in measuring costs, efficiencies and performance.
- Negotiate and execute supplier agreements on behalf of our projects
- Develop and manage project procurement plans to ensure value for money, high levels of service and compliance with procedures and professional best practice
- Manage contracts at an operational level including management of suppliers and internal customers and to drive improvement initiatives to address under performance.
- Establish key strategic alliances with suppliers, coupled with internal stakeholder management of complex relationships with a focus on delivery of cost reduction, cost mitigation and long term sustainable benefits to the business.
- Provide fact based recommendations to key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- MCIPS preferred combined with a Law &/or Commerce degree or similar qualifications
- Exposure to Mining, Engineering or similar will be highly desirable
- Proven experience in sourcing strategies and competitive sourcing
- Proven experience of extracting value by developing market innovations with key strategic partners
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing ability
- Exceptional negotiation & contract management.
- Proficiency in procurement best practice.
- Ability to align strategic frameworks to operational process. Ability to lead and manage complex negotiations
- Strong analytical, modelling and conceptual capabilities.
- High commercial / financial acumen.
- Escalated issue resolution.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of contract law.
- Tender management
- Risk Management
- Proficient in procurement best practice, with experience in implementing them in a commercial, multinational environment
For a confidential discussion please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results