Multiple roles for Maritime project(s) - Defence
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems (DDS) provides a range of Professional Services across the Capability Life Cycle in support of Defence and its mission. DDS is excited to be recruiting a broad range of roles in support of the Maritime Systems Division within CASG. These roles include:
- Engineering (all disciplines)
- Integrated Logistics Support
- Schedulers (OPP experience is essential)
- Project Managers & Project Controllers
- Export Controls, and
- Project Support.
If you understand the Capability Life Cycle, have experience working in complex integration projects and a passion for Defence and its mission, we’d love to hear from you.
These roles will be primarily based in Canberra and Sydney however, we are also recruiting from Perth and Brisbane for remote-based work with some requirement for occasional travel to Canberra and/or Sydney.
Successful candidates will ideally possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or relevant industry and/or domain work experience.
- Experience and familiarity with Defence project activities and planning.
- Experience and familiarity with the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Technical knowledge of military systems.
- An experienced professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an NV1 security clearance or above.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results