Senior Tax Advisor - Group
Job ID: 581023
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer are on the hunt for a Senior Tax Advisor on a permanent basis based in our Melbourne, Collins Street office. Reporting to the Tax Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the tax accounting and tax compliance of the Downer business and will assist the Tax Manager to provide advisory support in relation to various transactions and projects, including acquisitions and divestments. You will also provide routine tax advice on day-to-day- operations of the business in respect of corporate tax, indirect taxes and employment taxes. A key aspect of the role will focus on continuous process improvement and optimal use of technology for tax deliverables.
As a motivated, team-oriented and hands-on adviser, you can expect to assist with various aspects of Downer’s tax compliance including:
- Prepare tax returns including income tax, FBT and BAS returns and support co-sourcing and outsourcing compliance arrangements as required;
- Prepare tax provisions and submissions for reporting purposes at half-year and year-end;
- Assist in the preparation of year-end tax notes and commentary, and analysis and forecasting of key metrics;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual tax transparency reports, CbC reporting, and other reporting requirements;
- Assist with tax audits, reviews and investigations by revenue authorities;
- Support the Finance function to prepare tax forecasts and budgets;Liaise with external advisors in relation to tax compliance matters;
- Manage tax payments for Downer including PAYG instalments and withholding tax
- Contribute to process improvement and the broader Tax Transformation Program.
You will also assist with tax advisory projects, including understanding the business requirements and assisting the Tax Manager to assess the tax impacts within the overall tax risk management framework of Downer. You can expect to:
- Assist with the provision of corporate and international tax advice on various transactions including conducting tax research and preparing technical position papers;
- Assist with acquisitions and divestments, including conducting tax due diligence and preparing reports, undertaking tax research and preparing tax consolidation calculations where required under the supervision of the Tax Manager;
- Develop internal relationships with business stakeholders and external relationships with advisers you will be required to work with;
- Provide routine tax advice on operational or business issues in relation to income tax, FBT, GST and employment taxes, and in some instances international tax and transfer pricing; and;
- Monitor and report on tax law and policy changes and their impact on Downer’s business.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, business or law and CPA/CA or Masters of Tax;
- Relevant tax experience having trained in a Big 4 environment and experience in a large ASX listed corporate preferred;
- A demonstrated track record of leadership position in a tax function;
- Subject matter expert in tax laws, which includes an understanding and anticipation of strategic implications from existing and emerging tax laws on business objectives;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for tax structuring, planning and risk management to the business; and
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and develop a high performing team
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- An opportunity to work with a Top 100 ASX organisation
- A competitive salary on offer PLUS other employee benefits.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Please note – resume applications will not be accepted via email.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK FOR NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time