Civil Designer - Water and Wind
Job ID: 581122
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Sydney, North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Design, Architecture and Urban Planning
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Projects Engineering Services team is involved in design and construction projects across the power, renewable energy, industrial, water and transport market sectors. Due to the growth, we have a Civil Designer opportunity to be based in our Sydney office (North Ryde / Chatswood) on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting into the Regional Civil and Structural Team Lead, you will work in an integrated team to develop 3D and 2D designs for pipelines, general earthworks roads and drainage and assist in the production of project drawings and designs for both tenders and construction projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Involved in the completion of 3D civil design models and drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Designing bulk earthworks, roads and open channel and piped drainage systems
- Producing schedules of quantity from 3d and 2d models
- AutoCAD drafting to support design delivery
- Providing design support to construction teams
- Opportunity to become a champion of AutoCAD Civil 3D use and customisation
- Preferably a Bachelor of Technology (civil), or an Associate Diploma (civil) with civil design knowledge working across water or transport will be highly regarded.
- Sound experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D or 12D for producing 3D civil design models and customisation.
- Experience with Navisworks and other 3D tools is an advantage
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
- Experience working within a consulting firm wishing to progress towards a design career.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in the design arm of a construction and integrated asset services company.
- The opportunity to be the lead civil designer on projects across a variety of projects.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment within a supportive and dynamic team.
- A great range of benefits for our employees
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.For more information please contact Zoe Ferguson –Recruitment and Sourcing Infrastructure Projects Zoe.Ferguson@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement. No agency CV’s please.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time