Job ID: 581143
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
An exceptional career opportunity is now available for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Executive General Manager within our Rail & Transit Systems Division in VIC - Melbourne, Collins Street.
Downer has over 100 years’ rail experience providing end-to-end, innovative integrated transport solutions. We are a leading provider of rollingstock asset management services in Australia, with several flagship projects such as the High Capacity Metro Trains in VIC and the Sydney Growth Trains in NSW.
Our capability spans all sectors, from rollingstock to infrastructure, and every project phase, from design and manufacture to through-life-support, fleet maintenance, operations and comprehensive overhaul of assets.
This is a key and diverse role which will be well suited to a vibrant person who possesses a genuine drive and enthusiasm to succeed and provide proactive, professional and efficient support to the Executive General Manager & Management team.
The successful candidate will take ownership and pride in their work and possess strong business acumen, advanced computer knowledge, excellent organisational abilities coupled with exceptional communication flair with the ability to multitask and handle conflicting deadlines.
The role requires absolute discretion and confidentiality to be maintained in relation to the management of a broad range sensitive company matters.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Assisting with creation and preparation of correspondence, documents, reports, presentations and/or publications.
- Manage, review and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Develop and maintain office filing and database systems
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role ideally gained providing administration support at a senior level within a large professional organisation
- Possess exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Reliable, trustworthy, flexible and dependable
- Experienced in maintaining effective record management systems
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with senior management, staff and customers
What we offer:
- Full time permanent opportunity with a competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Astrid Viegas – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner email email@example.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time