Technical Specialist - Tyres
Job ID: 581326
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Kewdale
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major, blue chip, mining companies while maximising productivity and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre management; delivering savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
Otraco have a unique opportunity for a Technical Specialist to join our teams and provide critical support across our West Australian operations. We are ideally seeking a subject matter expert in earthmoving tyre fitting procedures, specifically within a Mining environment. This role will provide support and services associated with safety, operational conformance and compliance, technical analysis and project management.
The Technical Specialist is a full-time role based in Perth. You will be responsible for providing technical and management support to site operations. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical and management support to site and Superintendents.
- Management of operational conformance client policies, procedures and instructions
- Ensure that Otraco standards are maintained in the analysis of tyre performance, and that the site is maintaining Otraco’ s standards of tyre servicing, accuracy of tyre records and workshop performance.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to minimising tyre related costs.
- Assist in the preparation of General Monthly Reports (GMR).
- Ensure the Contract Specification Plans (database and charts) are updated as required and are reviewed annually.
- Ensure the Rim Matching database and charts are updated as required and are reviewed annually.
- Assist site with the ordering and maintenance of the Otraco mobile service vehicle fleet.
- Provide leadership and motivation to maintain a high level of performance, teamwork and morale.
- Perform adhoc tooling, operational and technical studies as required.
To be successful you will ideally have a sound knowledge of OTR tyres and the management of mine based OTR operations. A qualification in engineering or technically based discipline or relevant experience is advantageous. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Sound knowledge of OTR Tyres, tyre specifications and scope of works
- Exposure and knowledge of RTIO mine sites and procedures
- Knowledge of Zero Harm Health and Safety Initiatives, legislation, discipline and practices
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs, including Excel & Word and the ability to utilise these for data analysis
- Supervisory experience, specifically the ability to provide support to geographically dispersed teams
Ideally the role would be suited to someone within the ITR Tyre industry. If you have experience in an engineering discipling tied to mining mobile plant maintenance the skill set could also be transferable.
WHAT WE OFFER
The role is Mon-Fri full time based from Otraco’s Kewdale offices. Our organisation offers
- Competitive remuneration with a leading integrated services provider
- The unique opportunity to work with a world leader in vehicle and OTR tyre management
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business dedicated to nurturing their people personally and professionally
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world class organisation. We are looking for candidates who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm
Interested? Apply now! Or for further information please contact Patrick Hardie at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button