National Sustainability Manager
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sustainability Leader to join our team!
About the role:
You will be responsible to manage our Sustainability function while providing technical leadership to the Downer NZ team. Key success to your role is encouraging and supporting the integration of sustainability considerations of the corporate strategy into mainstream business planning and operations.
This opportunity will require you to utilise your skills to lead and support the Sustainability Governance Group to drive initiatives, to lead the management of the technical quality & coverage of sustainability systems, drive the programme of Sustainability improvement projects and to support continual improvements in sustainability performance for Downer NZ.
- Demonstrated Sustainability experience at a senior level with a commitment and record of accomplishment of achieving outcomes in a complex, dispersed and diverse environment
- Ability to lead and facilitate with Change Management principles and strategies
- Have strong influencing and coaching / mentoring capability at all levels that empower others to own and lead a positive culture
- A systematic approach to identifying and delivering process improvements
- Experience in verification protocols aimed at maintaining ISO14001 accreditation and ISCA or similar Sustainability Rating Tools
- Must have the smarts and mind-set to shape effective strategies, solutions and tactics to make things happen and the passion, drive and perseverance to follow through.
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 581379 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results