Civil Trade Leading Hand - IS QLD ITS
Job ID: 581413
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 36,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are looking for a skilled Civil Leading Hand with experience in reinstatement and minor civil works to join our high performing Maintenance Team in Brisbane. You will assist in the civil aspects of the maintenance of traffic and street lighting. The role will interact with multiple stakeholders including civil crews, site contractors and maybe responsible for the training and development of apprentices.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience working in the industry.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience leading a crew or multiple crews
- Exemplary leadership qualities with proven track record in leadership
- RMS network experience – highly regarded
- Training and development of apprentices
- Assessment and review of quality practices and reporting
- Organising sub-contractors
- Ensuring continuous adherence to build standards and quality measures
- Conforming to health and safety procedures and statutory obligations on work sites as well as promoting these practices to the crews
- Completing and submitting paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact: Sarah De Zilva – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0439 298 594
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button