Job ID: 581416
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Trades, Maintenance, Facilities Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail & Transit Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Supervisor to join our team in VIC – Pakenham as part of the High Capacity Metro Trains Project.
It is your chance to be part of a project that is setting up Victoria to become a future train supplier to Australia and the world. The High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) Project is a Victorian Government initiative and a $2.3 billion investment in Victoria’s rolling stock industry.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Facilities Supervisor provides support to the Facilities Manager and support in the operational management of all the Infrastructure and Facility Assets supported at our Pakenham East Depot & Light Service Facility - Calder Park.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Co-ordination and planning of contractors and internal staff for Facilities Maintenance work. Confirm all site procedures are followed and permits obtained.
- Confirm Facility work authority work packs are prepared before commencement of any facilities work
- Co-ordinate and planning with MTM as required for maintenance of facilities maintenance within interface agreements.
- Develop and review procedures and maintenance plans in order to improve the efficiency and performance of Facilities and Maintenance activities.
- Provide technical support to contractors and internal stakeholders when maintaining and operating facilities.
- Manage maintenance reports generated through corrective and preventive Maintenance
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance Workorders to ensure completion on time. Review service records and action defects Raised on completion of maintenance inspections.
- Participating in regular audits, assessments, walk-throughs and/ or inspections.
- Electrical/Mechanical Trade, and Engineering qualifications and/or significant experience in a maintenance environment.
- Demonstrable application of LEAN methodologies within a maintenance environment
- Experience and knowledge on the issuing of work permits such as confined-space & working at Heights
- Previous experience in Rollingstock and Facility Infrastructure Maintenance desirable
- Experience using Maintenance Management software with experience in Maximo will be highly regarded
- Ability to identify, investigate and implement improvements in all facets of maintenance.
- Meet the requirements of a rail safety worker
- Strong leadership and team building skills with superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- Full time permanent opportunity with a competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on a key rolling stock project with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Sue Marley – Recruitment Business Partner email Suzanne.MARLEY@downergroup.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time