Quality Engineer | Queenstown
The Whakatipu Transport Programme Alliance (WTPA) is delivering an exciting $200m-plus programme of work in Queenstown. The programme brings together projects for Queenstown Lakes District Council and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, to provide safer and better options for walking, cycling and public transport throughout the region.
The alliance is a partnership between Queenstown Lakes District Council, Waka Kotahi, Fulton Hogan, Downer, Beca and WSP.
The construction programme began in January 2021 and will take around four years to complete.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team. The purpose of this position is to continually promote and support a high level of Quality culture and provide technical support to the Alliance Construction, Engineering and Project Controls teams.
Please note this will be a 2 Year Fixed Term Role.
Key functions will include:
- Ensuring contract compliance with regards to physical works and contract documentation
- Managing non-conformances and defects, including timely closure
- Developing and managing process control to achieve acceptable physical works
- Implementing Quality initiatives as directed by Downer or as needed by the project
- Finding inefficiencies within work processes and addressing them with the project team
- Managing document control and contract correspondence, including design RFIs
- Managing the Practical Completion process
- Providing leadership, encouragement and training to project staff
- Degree qualified in civil engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in hands-on/site roles.
- Strong working knowledge of how Quality Management integrates with cost control, programme, and HSE.
- Great communicator with the ability to engage people from site labour through to client managers.
- Committed to transparency, professionalism, and continuous improvement.
You will also possess:
- Strong commitment to health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and how this applies to the construction industry.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships.
This is an opportunity to become embedded amongst a team of experts within an industry-leading organisation. To apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please go to our website www.downercareers.co.nz and search for Job No. 581586.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results