Engineering Manager - Powers Systems and Northern Infrastructure
Job ID: 581675
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
The Downer infrastructure projects business is one of the largest and most experienced providers in the HV Transmission and energy markets. We’re seeking an experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible in leading the design planning, integration and engineering for D&C projects in area ensuring safe design, integrated with construction methodologies, that are fit for purpose. Managing a business portfolio, drive project operations and navigate through contractual agreements to ensure Downer’s successful delivery of geographically diverse projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Accountable for business recommendations and evaluation for technical partners and designers for area.
- Develop strategic alliances with consultants, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support, develop and lead the design / engineering management functions that are within the operational business units.
- Coordinate and manage all design / engineering activities internally and with consultants and ensure that the technical solution provided is consistent with project brief, budget and capable of meeting client expectation.
- Participates in all aspects of quality control, including reviewing requirements, developing test structures (concepts, plans and cases) and testing the product.
- Manage the work performance of self and direct reports to ensure objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Contribute to the strategic direction for the business unit in line with the Downer IP strategy, with appropriate contributions from relevant team members.
- Minimum of 12 plus years of experience post degree completion, with 10 years of experience in leading an engineering team.
- Project Management and its application within a construction organisation and understand the importance and requirement to complete projects to time, budget and quality parameters.
- Leadership skills will also be key as will a passion for customer focused outcomes, driving safety, quality and sustainability, along with the ability to demonstrate strong communication skills, and a collaborative nature. Both are key with engaging with multiple internal, external and client stakeholder groups.
- Proven experience in technical management through all project delivery phases. Minimum 5 years.
- High level of understanding of systems engineering process.
- Ensure all designs comply with contractual requirements, specifications and standards. Manage completion of engineering assurance and verification activities to confirm compliance to contract specification requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and wellbeing employee benefits
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided.
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time