Workshop Mechanic - Heavy Diesel
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 36,000 km of road.
A fantastic opportunity is now available for a qualified and experienced Workshop Mechanic working within our Roads Services Plant Business based out from our workshop in Austin’s Ferry.
You will be responsible for maintaining our fleet, including but not limited to Pavers, Profilers, Skid Steers, Rollers and Construction Equipment. You may also be required to work off-site on an as-need basis so some travel may be required.
- Current HR License
- Trade Qualified - Heavy Diesel Mechanic or Mobile Plant Equipment Mechanic
- A background from a large service department would be well regarded
- Knowledge and experience with mobile equipment and trucks
- Experience gained within the roads/asphalt industry (desirable)
- Demonstrated abilities with electrical fault finding and hydraulic systems
- A strong 'team player' with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive rates with yearly increases
- On-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an industry leader
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
With your application, please ensure you attach a copy of your Resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact: Alicia Jacobson – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0437 295 356
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Back to search results