Project Manager (HV Transmission Projects)
Job ID: 582557
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Sydney, Darwin, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Permanent position – 5/2, 10/4 or 3/1 roster (project dependent)
- FIFO or DIDO from any major Australian capital city
- Opportunity to contribute to Downer’s long-term HV transmission success
Downer has a long history of delivering High Voltage Transmission Line projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction, construction only and maintenance High Voltage Transmission Lines
We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager (Transmission) to support project work around Australia associated with the construction and maintenance of overhead power transmission lines.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage contracts within Downer Project Management Philosophy and implement corrective actions for efficient utilisation of plant and labour
- Responsible for full contract planning scope and management of resources required (includes being site based as required)
- Effectively implement and follow Downer accounting and other policies and procedures to eliminate waste and minimise the cost of our operations (ZH, HR, Quality)
- Apply problem solving techniques to deal with day-to-day processes, deals with customers and systems
- Possess a strong commercial and business acumen
- Regularly monitor, communicate, and initiate safety, quality and environmental processes within their area/s of control, including toolbox meetings, inspections, and the identification, assessment, and control of risks
To be successful in this role, you should ideally have a tertiary qualification in engineering (or equivalent practical experience), combined with prior PM experience related to transmission line construction. Tier One contractor experience and project management qualifications would be well regarded.
You should be adept at leading multi-disciplined teams (including subcontractors) and will need to be a strong decision maker and problem solver with an ability to think on your feet. Prior experience in project planning, financials, scheduling and strong client-engagement skills are also required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Career development opportunities.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and well-being employee benefits.
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided.
Initial enquiries should be directed to Brooke Roberts, Recruitment & Sourcing Business Partner email@example.com.
(Unfortunately resumes cannot be accepted on email. Applications must be submitted formally).
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time